How do I register with RataGP?
It is free to register with RataGP, our focus is on making placements that meet the doctors needs.
We would love to hear from you by either:
Phone 0800 RataGP (0800 728247)
We can then start the process which will include:
- Interview – we will inform you about who will be in touch and the approximate length of time the interview will take.
- The interview will provide us with the information needed to match professional and lifestyle needs and locations,
in terms of what you are wanting.
- CV - Update your CV and write a cover letter explaining what you are looking for and why you would be a good fit.
- Certify required documents – We will ask to sight original documents or ensure they are certified through the body
with which you qualified.
- Contact your referees – this ensures there won’t be any surprises when we make contact although we will let you know
when this will occur.
- Reference Collection –provide two written references with phone numbers. At least one reference must be from your
most recent place of employment. Offer / Acceptance – we call you to discuss your offer and will send you a contract
- Applying for registration – we will guide you through this process and ensure you know the pathway under which you
can register. This process will include applying for a visa with immigration, Medical Council of New Zealand and practice
- Arrival and settling you and your family into your new location – we can assist you with connections and information
to help you with your requirements.
How do I apply for New Zealand registration?
If your are coming to New Zealand for the first time for employment you will have to register with Medical
Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
We can work through this together as we progress your application. There is a self assessment tool on the MCNZ website so that you
can check your eligibility for registration in New Zealand. Please note your primary medical degree must have been completed at a
University recognised by the World Directory (https://search.wdoms.org/).
We will guide you through:
- The assessment tool and ensure you know the pathway under which you can register.
- The completion of all paperwork in accordance with immigration, Medical Council of New Zealand and the practice requirements.
- Applying for a visa, you will need an immigration agent for this.